My cousin is a wedding make-up artist and I got the opportunity to ask her about her profession. It is interesting to see the large number of tools that she uses, and the time needed for one make-up.
- Preparation: Trim eyebrows, moisturize and prime, eye cream, lip balm
- Foundation – depending on client skin type, e.g oily/dry/sensitive
- Eyes – Eyeshadow, eyeliner, false lashes
- Fill in eyebrows
- Concealer for undereyes and blemishes
- Powder and set makeup
- Highlight, blusher, contour
- Setting spray to lock in makeup
She typically does weddings, so it will be either at hotels or the customer’s house. She doesn’t usually require a large amount of space as she take things out from her makeup trolley and put them back after use.
Mainly brushes and sponges. Others include tweezers, scissors for cutting eyelashes, eyelash curlers. She stores all her tools under a makeup trolley with compartments.
Need clear compartments for different things e.g storage of lipsticks, eyelashes and eyeshadows. As there are a lot of tools involved, it may get difficult at times when she is pressed for time.